Friday, November 28, 2008

Prizes! (by Clara)

UPDATED 11pm

The CSA Awards Banquet was held at the beginning of the month, and I've been waiting for some kind of email or website update to see if Mallory or I would win any awards. Julie Bradshaw previously had sent out a preliminary set of completed swims, which had yet to be officially ratified. From that document, it appeared that Mallory would win both fastest American and fastest woman for the season. There weren't any ages listed, so I could only sit and wait.

Today, I discovered that there was a short summary of the awards banquet online here. The report confirms that I was the youngest swimmer to make it in 2008, at 19 years of age at the time of the swim. For some reason, the writeup didn't seem to name the winners of all the awards (namely, the awards Mallory seemed poised to win weren't mentioned), so I've sent an email to the secretary to inquire about the status of those awards. Will update when I get a reply. I received the email from the CSA, and apparently the list had been given to the webmaster for posting on the website in October (and thus ahead of time for the banquet), but somehow was never posted. They are working on that now, but in the mean time, we have a definite confirmed for Mallory getting BOTH fastest woman AND fastest American! Woot! We rock! (Or, rather, Mallory rocks, and I'm just a wee young tot.)

In other news, there is at least one photo of Mallory on the home page of the CSA website. It's possible there are two... the in-water picture looks like Mallory, but I'm not 100% sure. Mallory thinks the in-water photo is not her, because the cap appears pink. I'm not completely convinced... I still think it looks like her. You can check it out and make your own decision.

Cheers!
Clara, a.k.a. Polar Bear, a.k.a. Youngest CSA Swimmer of 2008

No comments: