Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Did Not Disappear

Lately Clara has been the rock-star out of the two of us, I know. I have been a little difficult to track down lately.

Here's the rundown on me:

1. I finally have an application pack on its way (that was way more complicated than you may think, it can be difficult sending money over the pond, you know)

2. I have my contract for my boater and I will be sending it soon. (Once again, its hard to send money) My possible swim dates are July 25, 26, or 27, depending on the weather.

3. I applied for my passport!

4. I was accepted into the Potomac River Swim (7,5 miles one way). I'm not sure yet whether or not I will be allowed to attempt a double crossing.

5. I'm trying to nail down a date for the REALLY big race against my dad in June. I'm swimming across Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver, Indiana twice and he's swimming it once (about 3 miles one way). Who will be victorious?

6. I actually made it into the ocean over winter training trip down in Key Largo.

7. As I write this, I am preparing to swim in my very last home meet for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers.

Phew, busy, right?

As for T-shirt order for the Bowling Green crowd, I need to get an idea of how many I'm ordering, so you can email those to me at mallory.mead@hotmail.com. I still have to talk to the local print shops in town before I can have any more details.

It's getting real now.

No comments: