Thursday, January 17, 2008

First Official Post of Channel Swim Year!

Happy New Year! It is now officially the Year of the Channel Swim. Woot!

As is traditional in the swimming world, January means hard training. I haven't got school until February, so I'm just up to my ears in IAP (January term) training, with a little research gig on the side. My conference championships are coming up in about a month, and then after that (unless I make nationals) I'll be training on my own or with the MIT Masters until summer.

On the logistics front, I've got a deposit down for my boat, and just sent off the signed contract. Mallory's tee shirt design is done, and I'm just finishing mine up, so our CafePress shop should hopefully be up and running by the end of the week. Please please please buy a shirt (or five)! The estimated cost of this whole shabang is just under $5000, so we've still got a lot of money to raise. On that token, if anyone is interested in making a donation beyond the cost of a tee shirt, shoot us an email or something. We'll be setting up an account soon.

Well, I think that's about all I've got. Over and out. :-D

1 comment:

John said...

hi clara! nice site. i don't know why i continue to acknowledge you and your insane attempts to traverse long distances on your belly, when you don't even say hello to me when i pass by. anyways, see you around!